SFSD Revenue and Expense Generator
This Add-On Module for MyFUNDamentals is used to
generate defined revenue and/or expenditure records based on the summary of any linked
revenue or expenditure sub accounts. The formula used for record generation consists of a
user defined operator, a user defined rate (depending on the operator), and one or more selected revenue or expenditure
sub accounts. This utility is useful for the following situations:
- An alternate record source for the desired revenue or expense sub
account is either not available or not reliable and a clear relationship
exists between the source(s) and result accounts.
- The source(s) of the record generation have been
generated or derived from a custom module, excluding a financial import.
For example, Annual Salary and Wages may have been converted from 12 months
to 10 months using a special utility. All Employee Benefits sub accounts have a
clear relationship, or rate, tied to Salary and Wages. This utility can apply a
user defined operator and rate to use in the target record generation.
Valid operators are:
- + (plus)
- - (minus)
- * (multiplication)
- / (division)
- Deferred Allocation
- (Sum of Source(s) for the month * 12 / number of total production days * number of production days for the month) - Sum of Source(s) for the month
- Meal Equivalents *
- This option uses the Meal Equivalent level set on the following screen (for the equivalent factor and ratios) to calculate total monthly meal equivalents for each site. The result is then multiplied by the rate and applied to the target sub account.
The utility may be run for a single month, or all months consecutively.
Step by Step:
- Select the option to generate revenues and/or expenditures for All Months, or select a single Month from the drop box.
- Click the Start button.
Setup Part 1:
Step by Step:
- Select a Target Sub Account from the drop down selection box in the first column
- Select an Operator from the drop down selection box in the Operator column
- Enter a Rate (numerical only) (up to 4 decimal places) note: no rate is needed for the Deferred Allocation operator.
Setup Part 2:
Step by Step:
- Select a Generated Sub Account from the drop down selection box
- Enter a Selection Filter if required. The Selection Filter should contain a valid SQL Where Clause. Please consult with Visual Solutions for more details on this setting.
- Select a Target Site from the drop down selection box. The default option is 'Originating Site' which effectively includes any school or administrative center having source records. If the operation is specific to a single cost center, then that cost center would be selected.
- The next step depends on the Operator used for the currently selected Generated Sub Account
- If the Operator is Meal Equivalents, set the desired Meal Equivalent Level from the drop down selection box.
- For all other Operators, select one or more Source Sub Account(s) from the Source Sub Accounts list box at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Update to Save any changes.